in the past 6 years I feel I've become quite talented in decorating birthday cakes for munchkins....not just my own but niece & nephews also... and some requests have been bigger challenges than others (so many ELEPHANT cakes!). DS is about to turn six. Last weekend we had a surprise party for him to celebrate with his cousins and family. I always give him the option of what kind of cake he'd like....of course I know the flavor - french vanilla...and the frosting - home-made buttercream.... but the theme is all on him.
he chose Deadpool. If you don't know who he is, look him up. He's not the greatest character Marvel has produced, nor is he age appropriate in anyway for a 6 year old. But I know DS has never seen any of his cartoons, nor comics, nor the game that DH just came home with (to torture DS??? perhaps). But he has his action figure...and a poster on his wall (freebie from the comic shop)....and he thinks he's the coolest.... So what's a mom to do?? Well....it was his party!

No comments:
Post a Comment